Pages

Friday, July 16, 2021

Sadako and the thousand paper cranes activitiy

Kon'nichiwa my fellow readers

Today I have started on one of the activities for this years Winter Learning Journey (W.L.J). It was very fun beacuse in this activity we got to make some cranes (well that was what the instructions said on my site). We had to watch a video that had to do with a girl and she was only 11 years old and she got injured from one of the bombs that struc in her country Japan.

 So after that she was sent to the hospital and that was when she started making cranes because it was said that whoever made 1000 or more cranes it would bring them luck and if they were lucky enough they could make a whish and it would come true. So eventually Sadako started making thousands of oragami paper planes and soon enough there were altogether 1300 cranes but sadly she died at the age 12. If you want to know more about Sasako go to this link and click on the first link in the (sort of) row of links.

Something that I found easy was making the paper cranes.
Something that I found hard was trying to make an even smaller version of the bigger paper crane that I had made.

Thank-you for visiting my blog hope you have had a great holiday.






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post